AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about 30% hearing impaired and bought a set of Sennheiser RS-120's for my bedroom. They were intuitive, took 10 minutes to set up and get working, and have made a major difference in my life. I no longer have to read subtitles - I can HEAR!

So we decided to get 2 pairs for the bedroom at the other end of the house, where we watch TV and movies together, including blu-ray and Dish Net TV and recorded shows/movies.

BUT here it gets more complicated. When not using the headphones, everything goes through a central stereo system to speakers. It's a Onkyo HT-S6300. No audio comes out of the back of the HDTV in this room, so when I plug the RS-120 into the audio out panel on the Samsung HDTV, we get NOTHING.

Nor do there appear to be any audio monitor outputs on the Onkyo. The ONLY way it works is to jack onto the headphone jack in front, with an adapter, and THEN it shuts off the speakers and we have to unplug the RS-120 to go back to the speakers.

I can scan a copy of the back panel of the Onkyo tomorrow, just gotta go now - it's late.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do they have cables that can take a HDMI output from my stereo receiver and feed it to RCA jacks for the Sennheiser headphones?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts