Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the email I sent:

QUOTE "Hi!

My name is Luis and I want to tell you of an article idea I have. You as you are always reviewing speakers from retail manufacturers like Sony, Yamaha and so on. How about doing an " Online Speaker retailer" SHOOTOUT. Yes, most of the real Home Theater fans out there that actually read you magazine (and not to mention the ones that actually BUY the most) are buying from online retailers since they offer better products than what you find at retail for a lot less money. The only problem is that we have to buy without auditioning most of the time (although most companies offer a 30 day money back guarantee). So how about it? I truly believe that lots of people will be interested in such an article and it will be something different also so its good for your magazine dont you think? Here are some of the most recognize online companies:

Home Theater Direct (HTD) : Review Level 3 and Level 4 speakers

Axiom : Review M33ti, M22 ti and the T40 towers

Fluance: Sv10 , and the Center

I think the review should adress how each company compares to each other as well as wether you think getting the bigger towers will be better than the bookshelves. For instance, is an HTD Level 3 tower better than the Level 4 bookshelf for less money? Things like that.

Hope that you do it soon since there are many people wondering the same and wanting something like these from a respected magazine like yours.

Regards,

Luis Gerena"

Think any of them will do it? I think is an article we all would love to see. Dont you agree?

Regards

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I think the chances are slim to none that they would do something like that. Those manufacturers don't spend enough ad dollars to "earn" a review of their products. Magazines reward their biggest customers by reviewing their products. Companies like Denon, Pioneer, and the other big Japanese makers know that reviews sell their product, so they spend the big bucks to get the reviews. They are the ones who buy the big, full color ad space, not companies like AV123, SVS and Axiom. I can see how they might have a shootout between, say, one Rocket model and models from Paradigm, Def Tech and B&W. But to ignore their biggest customers in such a shootout would not be good for business.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep thats my guess too but I am naive enough to believe one of them will do it ...wish me luck :)

Also, I should have mentioned others also but I hope they contact me and I will tell about others then.

Regards

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Luis Gabriel Gerena
Yep thats my guess too but I am naive enough to believe one of them will do it ...wish me luck :)
Good luck...doesn't hurt to try.:)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stereophile just answered me to let me know that its an intriguing idea but they dont review HT speakers only speakers for music reproduction....at least they answered back.

regards

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For reference the magz were:

Home Theater Magazine

The Perfect Vision

Sound & Video

Widescreen Review

Stereophile (dont they have a Guide to HT mag also?)

any other candidates that you know of? Just copy the email and send it to all magz you want.

Regards

·
Registered
303 Posts
Perhaps you should try contacting the speaker manufacturers as well. As we all know, these reviews are often done with equipment "donated" by the speaker manufacturers.

If they know there is a group of people out there who would take interest in such a comparison, it might prompt them to get in touch with the magazines as well.

Regards,

Karl

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Nice try but........... It's all about the $$$$$$!! If your company is not dropping the BIG bucks for ads, for get about it. It's what are you doing for me? What do I get out this? If it were truly about for the love of sound products we would see everything under the sun in these mags.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.