Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I am understanding this right...

.......New DLP projectors with Sequential Color Recapture are three years away from market (according to Alan)

and they will be positioned to replace the three chippers.......

.......so can one assume that they may bridge the the price gap between three chippers and one chippers somewhat...but wishing for a model under 10K is a fatal fantasy???

.......so we (consumers looking for a digital front projector option in the $4K to $6K range) are positioned with the present technology in DLP (with minor tweaks and improvements) for the next two years?

......so biding our time for the next 12 months is not going to reap any models with any leaps in technological advances?

......so if a good deal comes about presently....one should go for it ???

Are any of these statements reality??

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
According to Peter Broas, DLP marketing manager for HT (or something like that), The HD1 DMDs (1280x720) will be on the market this fall or winter.

IF the InFocus pricing rumors are true, and IF they include the HD1 on their top-end model, we'll be able to buy a native HDTV projector for $5K.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

-phil

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Mr Wiggles,

According to several posts from CES, InFocus was working on two home theater projectors. One would handle SVGA resolution at ~$3K. This would appear to be the new projector with the 848x600 DMD.

The second would be an XGA resolution at $5K. If they go with a native 16:9 DMD, they'll have to use the HD1 to meet (or at least approach) this resolution.

Granted the first projector will have the lower resolution, but like I said, I'm still hoping (maybe wishing) that the follow up will have the HD1.

See these posts:
http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/003988.html http://www.loehneysen.de/ces2001/ces3.html

-phil

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Phil,

I don't know who you have talked to but I haven't heard one thing about the Infocus product using the HD1.

Their first product offering definitely will not utilize the chip.

-Mr. Wigggles

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.