AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be honest, i haven't bought my plasma yet. I'm waiting till after christmas to see if i can find some deals, but in my mind, the trigger is already pulled.

;)

Anyhow, my question is if anyone has tried the Serene Screen Aquarium screensaver? I wanna know what this thing looks like on a plasma display. Just imagining what it would be like to have this virtual aquarium looking like it's built into my wall makes me drool. It seems like plasmas would be the perfect display for this screensaver (they evmen make a widescreen version of the thing :D)
http://www.serenescreen.com/product/aquarium/index.php

So, any opinions?

Any burn-in issues to be concerned with? (i know it's a screensaver so i shouldn't be concerned with burn-in but there still seems to be semi static images on screen)

thanks,

Mat

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have displayed version 1.1 of SereneScreen Aquarium on a Pioneer 503CMX and it looked very nice (IMHO) at a resolution of 1024x768. The fish looked a little silly stretching the display, but the new widescreen version you mentioned may be much better.

I have not displayed the Aquarium for long periods of time so I cannot comment on the burn-in issues but there is a setting in the program (Automatic Lights) that darkens the screen periodically and may help avoid burn-in.

Hope this helps :)

·
Super Moderator
21,499 Posts
This is a great screen saver and has a menu where you can change settings- lighting/bubbles/sound, etc- it looks excellent on a plasma or an LCD

you can even buy extra fish!

it comes with WIN XP Plus

but I agree that there may be long term burn-in issues so I would limit its use on a plasma : you can do this by adjusting the delay time for when it comes on and set a time for monitor off and by adjusting its menu settings for lighting

it is also processor intensive

Mark :)

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
I usedit 24 7 on the olf Fuji 5200.

If you let it change the light automatically, no burn in occurs, HOWEVER if you leave the AQUARIUM lights ON, an early death will come to your plasma in the form of a coral reef.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's not much of a screen-saver if it's causing burn-in! I don't think it would be appropriate to keep calling it a screen-saver at this point...

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
If you let it run by itself, no burn in, as it changes from night to day etc., if you set it with the option of leaving the aquarium lights on , then there is a problem.

So YES and NO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.