AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my new LT150 is VERY cool, but the IR remote control is sparse to say the least. So, it's time to write some software to control this puppy via an IR->serial relay.

Unfortunately, the back of the manual only lists a few of the codes, and there isn't any mention of them on their website.

So before I spend the weekend reverse engineering them, anyone happen to have the complete list of control codes?

Thanks.

DB

[This message has been edited by otaku (edited 05-12-2001).]

·
Registered
68 Posts
So, did anybody actually find these codes? My LT150 is supposed to arrive today and I'd like to set up a little app to control it from my HTPC.

Thanks.

-pischke

·
Registered
855 Posts
I bought my LT150 from AVScience and, when asked, they provided me with the codes. (Thanks, Alan) Once I build a serial cable for the projector, I'll generate some control files for use with Girder and it's serial plugin.

------------------

Huck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hmmm, interesting. I hadn't thought about writing an app to control the projector from the HTPC. I don't suppose that anyone could post not only the codes and perhaps the app they create to a website or ftp for download. Those of us whose coding skills are pretty poor to would greatly appreciate to benefit from your intelligence, hard work and generosity. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif Please????

------------------

----------------
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
In case you LT150 folks do not know it, there is a little NEC-written utility for projector control. It only does a few more functions than the remote, but it's easy to use and can be downloaded here:
http://support.nevt.co.jp/dl_service/eula/index.htm

Select "PC Control Utility", then say YES to the license agreement, and download.

You will have to make a cable that is DB-9 on one end and 8-pin mini-DIN on the other, and as long as the distance from your HTPC to your projector. The pinout of the mini-DIN is in the back of your manual. I have a shielded 50-foot cable on a VT540 which is working fine.

Gary

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Here's another function of that application:

There is " the logo transfer feature which transfer a picture (logo screen ) the projector to be display when a source is not connected.

Also, there is a version on the CD-ROM that comes with the projector (though only Version 1.0). They have Version 1.00.012 available on their website.

-Shawn

[This message has been edited by turbe (edited 08-02-2001).]

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just went through major headaches w/ RS232 control of MT1040 by crestron controller. NEC took back projector to do software upgrade. Seems the 232 codes work great for their software, but cause some bottlenecking which freezes the projector when used by AMX crestron type systems. This may now be a non-issue but be aware. NEC NE service rep Bob Dishington sleuthed this out for me.

Just got it back on Friday so can't say if problem is solved.

Randy

·
Registered
855 Posts
Girder support for the LT150.

Reposted from another thread:

The control files, and where to get them, are mentioned here . I'd suggest questions or requests for more function go in that thread.

------------------

Huck

·
Registered
728 Posts
"Here's another function of that application:

There is " the logo transfer feature which transfer a picture (logo screen ) the projector to be display when a source is not connected."

You can also do this with the CF card. Any JPEG that's less than 64K in size can be uploaded to the projector from the card, using the onscreen menu. The CF card feature is very handy, because you can carry a bunch of calibration shots on it in either JPEG or BMP format, as well as doing slideshows or PowerPoint presentations. No computer needed. You don't need any special software, or even a PC, to fill the card. USB Macs or FreeBSD boxes do just fine

On page e43 of the manual, it even states that HTML can be displayed! I haven't played with this yet, but if true, you can download the internet onto a CF card, (It would probably be a fairly large card...), and surf offline to your hearts content...

apg

·
Registered
728 Posts
I just said:

"On page e43 of the manual, it even states that HTML can be displayed! I haven't played with this yet, but if true..."

Well, I just played with it. Yes, it displays a very primitive HTML browser. Get to it from the "Tools" menu. Text links work, but trying to bring up JPEGs fails. I get something like "Inadequate resources to analyze HTML" error message. The JPEGs themselves work fine from outside the browser. Using Netscape Composer on a Mac to create them; maybe something from the Darkside like Frontpage would work...

apg

·
Registered
402 Posts
Has anyone tried the girder file with a VT540? Both projectors use the same NEC control program, wonder it all of the serial funtions are the same?

------------------

Darren Rogers

Please stop reading my signature....

I really mean it, you're starting to get on my nerves!

Listen, I'm not kidding here, if you keep reading, you're gonna regret it!

Sigh... I give up - go ahead and read it...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Has anyone created one of these using the CAT-5 technique as with the RGB cable?

I want to run both the RGB CAT-5 drop and a possible drop for this cable as well and just build some small (short) patch cables.

Looked at the archives and did not see any mention, but I may have missed something between the DLP and HTPC forums.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
I used an 8-conductor shielded cable for this, with no twisted pairs. Three of the conductors are used for the serial port control, two others are used for an overtemperature alarm, and the remaining three are reserved for the IR repeater - which I never implemented due to the serial port control working. The braided shield is grounded only at the PC end.

I use the twisted pair Cat5e cable for the RGBHV cable, and both cables are approximately 48' long.

Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.