AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can control the replay 4k through the serial port? I have seen the tcpip control - but I am trying to control multiple replays using a crestron system. Right now I us ir, but it is not 100%.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
It's possible, but likely more trouble than it's worth (and it's completely unsupported, so it'd likely break at some point).

You'd need to create a custom cable - to hook it up to a normal PC serial port, you need to connect pins (replay side->pc side) 1->3, 4->2, 5->5. Somehow, you need to run the shell command "RMTS" followed by "ptvio on". Reboot, and now your serial port is really a console, and you can run shell commands by sending it ascii text (115200 bps, 8n1).

Each time the Replay boots, you'd need to run the "RMTS" command. To send IR-like controls, you'd then use the 'rmt' command; send 'rmt ', a number, and a newline, for each button press. The numbers are the same as for the network control method (and probably the same as the RC6 command numbers? someone should check that).

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just for kicks, you might try posting this question to the Crestron Programmers group on YahooGroups.

It may also be possible to use a Crestron ethernet card, and control the ReplayTV through TCP/IP...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback, I'm trying the ethernet card and TCP/IP - no luck yet. There currenlty is a post about it in the Crestron group; no luck yet.

Thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.