Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My NEW H78 DC3 "?" has the following serial number: T81E437AAAAAA1033.

My OLD H78 (not a DC3) has the following serial number: T81E501AAAAAA1038.

Who can say and please explain, for sure (or almost) that the first H78 is really a DC3?

Any information is better as none?

Please help,

Jos (from the Netherlands)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please,

Jos

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps somebody with a idea or something like that, i am anxious waiting,

jos

·
Registered
173 Posts
it's simple actually. optoma has to many H78 in stock. they rebuilds many of them up to H79 specs with DC3 chip and sell them as the H78dc3. when they are sold the H79 will be the only optoma with DC3 chip in europe. it's no difference between a H78DC3 and a H79 in my opinion.

btw, I have had a H77 and a H78 before the H78DC3. we did a splitscreen comparisment test against PD Action one MKIII. it's definative a DC3 chip inside the optoma. colors where a little off so it needs some callibration to get better darklevel and greyscale, but after that it performs very well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinneru
it's simple actually. optoma has to many H78 in stock. they rebuilds many of them up to H79 specs with DC3 chip and sell them as the H78dc3. when they are sold the H79 will be the only optoma with DC3 chip in europe. it's no difference between a H78DC3 and a H79 in my opinion.
Where did you get this information? I guess Optoma will not tell you this directly ;)

If this is true then you can only buy a non-dc3 H78 as soon as the H78DC3 stock is completely sold?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bottom line is : has my new H78 with no.T81E437AAAAAA1033 a DC 3 chip yes or no?

Please help?

Jos

·
Registered
198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jos
Bottom line is : has my new H78 with no.T81E437AAAAAA1033 a DC 3 chip yes or no?

Please help?

Jos
Only Optoma can tell you.

But you can see it on the pixels on your screen as well, if they show a tiny black spot in the midde it is NOT a DC3 version

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starred
Where did you get this information? I guess Optoma will not tell you this directly ;)

If this is true then you can only buy a non-dc3 H78 as soon as the H78DC3 stock is completely sold?
connections;) I do AV-gear reviews for a living.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starred
Only Optoma can tell you.

But you can see it on the pixels on your screen as well, if they show a tiny black spot in the midde it is NOT a DC3 version
I can only see (very difficult to see) very little and very, very, very light brown spots in each pixel!

Is this a DC3 now?

please answer,

Jos

·
Registered
173 Posts
you will still see a tiny spot, but it's greatly reduced from DC2+. the lines between the tiny mirrors are also redused, so screendoor effect is redused. it you also feels that the lightoutput are higher than the old one, it's a DC3. I guess you are not in the mood for removal of the cover? there you will see a H79 sticker on the lightengine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My H78DC3 has serial number: T81E450AAAAAA1013.

When I open the projector (watch out for the tiny cable connector !!!!) there is a barcode sticker on top of the "light chamber" which begins with H77 (and not H79 as with our french guys elsewhere at the AVS forum). It seems like my projector was originally a H77 and upgraded to a H78DC3 (firmware changes and the DC2+ replaced with a DC3 chip).

If I look very very good (with my nose against my high contrast screen :) ), I can also see a very very tiny darker spot in the middle of every pixel (the improved DC3 dimple I guess). You need to have a bright scene, else it is not visible.

The Picture in my opinion is much brighter compared to my previous H78 DC2+ but the blacklevel is not much improved. Sure when the lamp dims (I have only 30 hours clocked) the blacklevel also gets better and maybe I can do something with a ND filter.

___

Bas

·
Registered
173 Posts
the blacklevel gets visable better with proper colorcalibration. it has a green/blue push originally. Still it can get even better so I am buying a filter to see if I can tweak out some more.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spoke to-day with dealer and he spooks with people from Optoma UK the conclusion is that Optoma cannot tell with the serial no. in hand if it is a DC3 or not.

So this a annoying for me and perhaps for others.

Perhaps i buy a H79 than i am sure....... a have a DC3. My dealer told me within 3-4 weeks the H 79 is available in Europe

Jos

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jos,

I have the same experience when I talked to my dutch dealer: if he delivers the serial number of the H78 to Optoma they can not tell him if it is a DC2+ or a DC3 :confused:

___

Bas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.