AVS Forum banner

Serious help needed.

644 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  whiteboy714 
#1 ·
Hey all. it's me again, that guy who still has not built himself a PVR yet, anyway, I have once again changed my mind and have decided to use my primary rig as the PVR, the situation has changed little from our last meeting (4 years ago) but I have upgraded a few components.

As I stated things are pretty much the same, this PVR I hope to buld will be across the room, I currently have NO cable, I use only Netflix and my ESPN3 app on my XBOX 360 for TV watching.

I would like to be able to setup this XBMC/PVR to download content online (via all legal means of course)
and shoot the content to the TV/XBOX/ Whatever is needed to watch it. Can this be done?

Can I use the video card below or do I need to purchase another TV tuner card.

XMBC/PVR/HTPC ... What is it I actually need to build here?

Here are my updated specs:

1. G.SKILL 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

2. AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz CPU

3. BIOSTAR A770E3 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

See less See more
#2 ·
I haven't heard of anyone doing this from the legal sites. I don't even know if its possible as most of them don't allow you to download but just view the video.

What you want is to get yourself an antenna and record OTA tv. I think you are looking at this from the wrong angle. Or maybe someone will correct me if this is something new.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scj6771 /forum/post/20904330

Using RSS feeds, Torrents and such it can be done, anyway, thanks for your help, I will be implementing my MC into the overall plan.

Well you said legal, and then you said torrents. So this is two different things. I have what you want set up with usenet. I use sickbeard, sabnzbd, and media center master. Its a pretty awesome setup. I actually cancelled cable because with this setup I can get pretty much every show I want.

Only downside is live sports but I have other methods for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.