AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Samsung HPR 4266W which exhibited some strange picture flaws. I got some advice from and pulled the plug ( literally) for a few hours and plugged it in again and the problem seems to have gone away.

The Samsung Customer Service people sent out a tech to make repairs, but when he saw the set he said it was performing to spec. But he saw pictures of the problem that I had taken and said he would "investigate".

Samsung now says they will not fix unless it is broken. Catch 22 anyone?

I have attatched some pics showing the problem.

My question. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

And how can I get Samsung to honor the warranty and fix this despite the fact that the symptoms have mysteriously and I believe temporarily disappeared.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also had a problem with my HLR4667 that was fixed by unplugging the unit. My issue was a white screen with vertical pinstripes (looked like the Yankees home uniform). The audio was ok and I could change channels, but the screen never changed, even when turning the unit off and back on. Removing power completely, fixed the problem.

This occured several weeks ago and has not happened again.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I can understand them not repairing a problem they can't reproduce but if you have pictures I would make sure Samsung has record of your service call and if they problem resurfaces you have some compelling evidence if it reoccurs outside of the warranty as long as it's within a respectable period of time.

Can you return the set where you purchased it?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If the original seller will not replace how about telling them you decided to go larger and ask for credit for the next size up? At least it would alleviate the anguish and fear that a total, uncovered failure lay in your future.

For my money, I'd tell 'em I dissatisfied and demand a trade or refund.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh05947
I also had a problem with my HLR4667 that was fixed by unplugging the unit. My issue was a white screen with vertical pinstripes (looked like the Yankees home uniform). The audio was ok and I could change channels, but the screen never changed, even when turning the unit off and back on. Removing power completely, fixed the problem.

This occured several weeks ago and has not happened again.
Did the problem occur "right out of the box" or did it develop over time. And how did you decide to try the unplugging fix? Did you go to Samsung for service?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.