AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a avid gamer so im really buying this tv for the upcoming xbox 360 and ps3 console systems. I recently had a look at the larger screen model of this sony KDF A10 and was very impressed with what i saw. I've done a ton of research over the last few months and i've just about made my decesion for the KDF-E42A10.


I was leaning towards the direct view sony set xbr960 but the weight of the sucker had me second guessing about it. That is until i seen these new A10's displayed next to a sonyxbr960 in a properly lit demo room. I was damn impressed by the quality of this LCD set compared to sony's top notch direct view xbr960 and with the lighter weight and larger screen size along with the fact that it'll actually play my xbox 360 in its true native form "720p" i finally think i've come to my decsion with the KDF-E42A10. Also the blacks seemed very lush and rich..looked very good. A home theater pc system is also in the works and i feel it would be better suited for this tv then the xbr direct view set.



My only SERIOUS question i have is the response time for KDF-E42A10, which is 12ms response time. Do you guys know if this is enough response time to handle 720p natively hdtv videogames such as x360? I play alot of racing games and sports games and i just want to get some input on this before i splash down two grand on this set.


Any input on my question would be greatly appreciated...


Thx again,

Moegames
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
well, i don't have the set yet, but i am getting the 50". from what i've read on the A10 thread, nobody has seen any ghosting or experienced any lag when playing video games on the A10, but then again, nobody has an xbox 360 yet, so you'll just either have to wait until you buy or go based on what people are saying about how the tv handles current generation progressive scan games. people that bought the new samsung DLP sets are having lag problems though...not sure if this is part of the technology or just that particular brand of DLP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
O had the HL-R4667 and returned it, now have the KDF-E50A10. Love it, pq is AMAZING in HD, no lag on xbox. buy it. you wont be disappointed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
I have the A20 which is essentially the same set. Been playing a ton of Halo & other Xbox and no problems at all. Should be fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmw1137
I have the A20 which is essentially the same set. Been playing a ton of Halo & other Xbox and no problems at all. Should be fine.
Thx for the input guys...Just wanted to get some direct input from some avid gamers so thx again. I have another thread at another site where others are saying the A10's are good so far with current gen systems, no lag,etc


lander215 ...you feel better now bro? Im sure you just had to get that off your chest. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
lander215 ...you feel better now bro? Im sure you just had to get that off your chest. :)
Just like to introduce folks to the joys of the search function! I prefer to think of it more as appreciating those that programmed the interface for us than anything else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scherer326
O had the HL-R4667 and returned it, now have the KDF-E50A10. Love it, pq is AMAZING in HD, no lag on xbox. buy it. you wont be disappointed.
Why you return the hlr?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Im a avid gamer so im really buying this tv for the upcoming xbox 360 and ps3 console systems. I recently had a look at the larger screen model of this sony KDF A10 and was very impressed with what i saw. I've done a ton of research over the last few months and i've just about made my decesion for the KDF-E42A10.


I was leaning towards the direct view sony set xbr960 but the weight of the sucker had me second guessing about it. That is until i seen these new A10's displayed next to a sonyxbr960 in a properly lit demo room. I was damn impressed by the quality of this LCD set compared to sony's top notch direct view xbr960 and with the lighter weight and larger screen size along with the fact that it'll actually play my xbox 360 in its true native form "720p" i finally think i've come to my decsion with the KDF-E42A10. Also the blacks seemed very lush and rich..looked very good. A home theater pc system is also in the works and i feel it would be better suited for this tv then the xbr direct view set.



My only SERIOUS question i have is the response time for KDF-E42A10, which is 12ms response time. Do you guys know if this is enough response time to handle 720p natively hdtv videogames such as x360? I play alot of racing games and sports games and i just want to get some input on this before i splash down two grand on this set.


Any input on my question would be greatly appreciated...


Thx again,

Moegames


I have heard anywhere between 8ms and 12ms. The response time is a non factor at those numbers. Not too long ago people were saying under 25ms would be sufficient. I don't have this set yet but plan on playing PC games often. Especially the uncut GTA, San Andreas.....LOL.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top