AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be buying a new LCD soon. It will be in the 52" range.

I have always dealt with Sears in the past, mainly because I liked their service. However, they have recently changed their in home service policies and no longer provide service on Saturdays in my area. They also will not give you an appt in either the morning or afternoon. I guess you're supposed to take the whole day off work to accommodate them. Anyway, when the time comes to buy, I want to make sure that the merchant has competent service people who at least try to accommodate the customer.

What are Circuit City and Best Buy's service arrangements? Do they have their own people or do they subcontract? Do they use factory trained techs?

Also, do any of you have any info on dealing with Amazon on a TV purchase? They seem to have good pricing, and their extended warranty prices seem reasonable. What can I expect in the way of service if I buy from Amazon?

Thanks for any info!

Len in NC

Lend27 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

·
Registered
476 Posts
Service and those 3 names in the same sentence? Sorry but I laughed, I've yet to receive good service from any of them, regardless of state or store.

I myself would rather have saved $800 which I did, on my TV, buying it online.

I purchased my set from Onecall.com which is a store called Huppins in Washington State, they may not have super competitive prices like Amazon, but it was still within $80 of what Amazon wanted at the time, and I've done tons of business with onecall/huppins before, as well as a few of my friends have, and nothing but great service, they are very knowledgeable on the phone too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recommend Costco or Sams Club, if you're going local. You can pay for the membership with the money you save on the TV. Their return policies are great too.

Amazon was excellent when I bought from them. The white glove delivery is nice, but there are varying opinions on that. The white glove delivery is usually performed by CEVA. And just like any huge company, you're going to have certain delivery guys that suck. But overall, Amazon kicks a**.

As for the three you listed? Flip a three sided coin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts