AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given all the horror stories about trying to cancel service, has it improved recently?

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion with the Sony audio. I was possibly moving to another state sometime this year, so decided to try out Sirius. Unfortunately, things are not looking good, so I'm not going anywhere for awhile. I have several local FM stations that are more than enough, plus a 64G USB drive filled with music. Although "B.B. King's Bluesville" sounds OK, the mainstream music channels (60's, 70's, 80's, and similar) are pretty horrible. The audio tends to be flat and 'swishy' sounding.

I currently just have the middle Select service quarterly billed (about $55). How tough will it be to cancel it?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Given all the horror stories about trying to cancel service, has it improved recently?

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion with the Sony audio. I was possibly moving to another state sometime this year, so decided to try out Sirius. Unfortunately, things are not looking good, so I'm not going anywhere for awhile. I have several local FM stations that are more than enough, plus a 64G USB drive filled with music. Although "B.B. King's Bluesville" sounds OK, the mainstream music channels (60's, 70's, 80's, and similar) are pretty horrible. The audio tends to be flat and 'swishy' sounding.

I currently just have the middle Select service quarterly billed (about $55). How tough will it be to cancel it?
It is not a "Horror", but it does take some time as they will do anything to keep you.

And I can tell you have never called and "threatened" to cancel before, as to what you are paying for a quarter, you are getting RIPPED OFF.

Trust me, you are. Call them and threaten to cancel, they will give you every deal under the sun too keep you.

Here arer the best ones going right now:

6 months/$25/5 mos/$20/1 year prepaid/under $100 total

If they do not offer any of those deals, just dump them. It will take about 25-30 to completely be done with them, so make sure you have at least an hour free.

Secondly, I would call at least 2-3 days in advance of your actual due date. If you take a deal, they will pro-rate your new deal(give you some money back for ending it early) and put that towards your new deal.

Or, if you decide to just get out, if you cancel a day or two early, your remaining balance may be like a couple of dollars. Make them send you a check.

Unless the money in your account is from Gift Cards which is NON REFUNDABLE. I sadly found this out, so I had about $75 left in my account, so i signed up for like 3-4 months of the SiriusXM app, just to use it up, and then I will cancel for good.

But for right now, YOU ARE GETTING ROBBED.

Go into the Thread here which dicusses XM deals. You will find the phone number to cal to cancel. Stand your ground. BE NICE AND PATIENT. Do not be a JERK, or you won't get anything.

If they do not offer you any of the above, then just continue to say,"I would like to cancel please...", and they eventually will.

But not before offering you everything they can to keep you. If it was me, and I REALLY WANTED TO STAY.

Although the 5 month and 6 month deal are GREAT, I hate dealing with this garbage, every 5-6 months. I would go for the 1 year prepaid, which should come under $102/year with fees+taxes.

Anything under $110/year is worth it if you really want to keep it. That is less than $10/month whcih is reasonable IMHO.

Anything over that, DUMP IT.

I got rid of mine mainly because I found I was listening to H STERN, and really nothing else. Even at $10/month, that was not worth it too me. So I left, until I realized I would be out $75, and so I decided to use that for a few months of the SiriusXM app. If not for that I would definitely be gone.

There are FAR BETTER SOUNDING services out there for FREE(Tunein, or ITunes radio), or with cheaper yearly costs(Pandora/Slacker/Spotify). Especially for music/sports/comedy/talk

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should mention it was $51/quarter ($44.97 + fees), not $55 (I was thinking of something else.) My only use is in the car, so anything streaming would actually be obscenely expensive for data charges! I had the free month or so when I bought car (bought used in Dec 2013). They then kept calling and mailing me constantly. I did break down and sign up for an initial 5 for $23 (or so) deal.

I do notice that Bluesville is not in the lowest 'mostly music' tier, otherwise I would consider just dropping to that level. I'll try and see if other 'mostly music' channels sound as bad as the year-based channels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts