AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the proper code or key sequence to access the service menu on a NEC MT1035 LCD projector? Its from 1998 or 1999.

Thanks.

George

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also looking for the service codes/software for an NEC MT1000. So far I have had no luck. Onyone with an answer out there?

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
Some times each manufacture uses the same code for all their projectors. I dont know if this will work but heres the code for the HT1000.

It's the following sequence of button presses on the remote control:

HELP HELP HELP ENTER MENU [password prompt appears] DOWN UP RIGHT UP ENTER

After completing that sequence, the MENU button will activate the "Service Menu" instead of the usual "Basic Menu" or "Advanced Menu". Note that rhythm in which you press the HELP button is important-- if you do it too fast, it doesn't work. Also, if you press CANCEL when there are no menus displayed, it disables the service menu again (it took me a while to figure out why I would sometimes lose the service menu mysteriously)-- the sequence above will re-enable it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry this code does not work on the MT1000.

The problem I have is a ghosting artifact. I have 2 units showing the same symptoms. The ghosting is on all inputs and appears to be on the green channel only.

Has onyone seen this problem?

Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
Anyone ever get the access to the service menu? Or do you know if NEC can fix this? We have a MT1035 in the office with the same issue. They are going to buy a new device and will probably give this MT1035 to me so I would like to know if there is a solution. I tried the AVS Search to no avail.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The ghosting is caused by the green panel (usually) starting to go bad. This is a common problem with the older NECs. I emailed asking for a price on the assy, which only comes as a whole unit (including the prism assy) as it is all soldered together. The price I got from them a couple of years ago was..... 1800.00! .....Ouch!

I guess it can be fixed, but at a price I'm not willing to pay.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I replaced a green and red LCD panel while I lived in Hong Kong,

It cost me about $135US each for the panels, and then I installed them myself.

I have attached a picture of my problem

Pretty easy to do, getting the alignment took some time, but then I had a great low cost projector.

Sold it some time ago now, the new owner is very happy with it.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
HK,

I did ask the tech for a price on the panel alone (through NEC US) and was told that it only came as a "whole" assy. I would have replaced the panel if I was able to get it. Lucky that you were able to get the part in HongKong. Please provide info for the other guys in need, if it's possible.

Yes, your pic does look like the "ghosting" as mine did. We had a bunch of similar "older" model Infocus projectors at work that did the same thing also.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It is the panels failing that produces the image problem.

I got my panels from the Service center in Hong Kong.

I went in and told them I was after replacement LCD panels for the Red and Green, they said no worries.

I have pictures of the assembly if anyone wants them.

I will post one here, so you can see the prism and panels.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
The MT 1000 has a single assy where the prism and the panels are soldered together. Your model is completely different. thanks for the pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.