AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 50XR4 that I bought in 2/05 suddenly turned off while we watching it. Now the red standby light is not lit and it will not turn on. I was wondering if anyone knows of a reliable NEC authorized service center in the So California area? I will be calling NEC today and I'm sure they will give me some numbers but I would like someone who has had work on their NEC to recommend a service center to me.

Thanks

Mo

·
Registered
21 Posts
SloMo26, sad to hear what happened to your plasma. Were you able to get in touch with a tech from NEC? What did they say to you? Please keep us posted. I sure would like to know as I recently ordered the 50XR4 from PC and will be delivered tomorrow. I just hope everything will turn out OK for you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had mine worked on by one of the two companies that NEC gave me. The first didn't service my area and had to cancel our appointment. The second (I can't remember their name and don't know how to find out for you) did a fine job. The plasma will probably have to be off the wall, which they don't help you with. It's doable by yourself, but be careful. You will probably need someone to help throwing it back up on the wall, at least a pair of eyes to line up the mount. If you tell me the names you get from NEC I might recognize them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked Adam's Electronics from the list of service centers on the web at NEC Visual Systems they'll be here on Wed. and my plasma is on a table stand. I'll let you know how everything goes.

Mo

·
Registered
73 Posts
Adam's Electronics doesn't sound familiar. Let us know what the outcome is (in case it happens to anyone else), I'm sure they'll do a fine job. Do you have a picture to post with the TV on the stand, I've wanted to know what that looks like?

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, Adams Electronics was just here and they took the PDP back to their shop to work on it. I should have it back within a week. I'll let everyone know how it went. I'll post some pictures when I get it back with it on the stand.

Mo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I got an update on my PDP. The part needed to fix it is backordered from NEC and will take about 4 weeks to arrive. This is killing me. Do you think I should complain to NEC about this? If so, how do you think I should go about complaining? I'll keep you guys updated.

Mo :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.