AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

it seems the TV that I bought was a store demo unit - I noticed when unpacking at home that even in movie mode, the screen was very blue. Service menu then showed that only the first 4 values were 128, after that came 136, 121, 128, and 173 (!).

I have been trying to get the system re-calibrated (have Calman 4 and an i1Pro) but I am having severe difficulty with getting D65 in movie mode. I calibrate the screen in the SM, (G99, B60), which is right on target for x,y of D65. But right when I restart the TV, the color is slightly off (6300K) and when I switch from dynamic to movie mode and cool temperature, all colors are slightly shifted towards red and yellow, and RGB balance is no longer perfect as it is when measured in dynamic mode.

I have tried calibrating the service menu from the 16,235 pattern, and also from the HDMI calibration pattern 7 within the SM, no luck.

Do any of you have any pointers on what could be going wrong? BTW, I am using an HTPC equipped with an Nvidia card as a pattern generator, attached to HDMI1.

Regards,

Christopher

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
This is probably greek to 99% of folks here, but you'll at least need to tell everyone what make and model you have
. But no worries, we should be able to sort this out for you in the calibration thread. Most likely something was replaced on your TV - I had my main board replaced (Samsung PN59D7000) which completely destroyed the preset grayscale, making everything reddish in movie mode (which was previously quite accurate). I even called the service tech and he flat out laughed at me, saying I'm imagining it. Told him that not only am I not delusional, I'M MEASURING IT! They're clueless employees with 2 skills: use a power drill and play legos. I have not yet escalated it with Samsung because, thanks to the folks in the cal thread, I was able to sort everything out myself and am probably better off not scheduling another repair visit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts