Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Have trouble getting into the service menu, I would just like to check out my factory gamma setting. Mute 1 8 2 power = nothing.

Same with Mute 1 8 3 power. Here in Australia the model number is SP61L3H not sure if that is the same as a HLN or HLP ?, I think it's the same as HLP as it has the HD3 chip and 7 segment colour wheel.

Any sugestions welcome. :confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
'Mute 1 8 2 Power' gets you into the service menu. You have to do this while the TV is off. 'Mute 1 8 3' gets you into the manual convergence mode. You do this one while the TV is on.

You may also want to put a little more info (like the TV model) into your thread title.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm thinking not much. Just pointing out what that particular code is for. At least with my experience, which is CRT RPTVs. It may do something different on the DLPs, but that I do not know. I would think that they would use standardized codes, so I am assuming it doesn't do anything.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Implot - Good to know. I guess they have plenty of button combinations so as not to have to reuse the same codes for different things.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well... I don't know about non U.S. models, but that's how it works here. From 'power off', or I suppose 'standby mode', one would press Mute 1 8 2 and then Power. The TV would then power on and be in service mode. Have you checked any local .au forums about your model?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have tried using the mute 182 command on the new HLP sets and nothing happens on these new ones... though i do think i hit mute after 182 as well as before... i dont know if that will mess it up!!!! But maybee they have changed this on the new ones if u cant get it to work either!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'll have to get out and give it a try on those HLPs. Maybe they switched up the code. Anyone have a service manual or anything that might shed some light?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.