AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new 65 inch 7100 and am loving it! But.....being an inquisitive sort.....does anybody no how to enter service mode using touch screen remote and if not any other method??

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for asking. I thought there was most likely a lot more settings to perfect the picture. I'm aware of the risk involved of bricking the set but am willing to assume the risk. I also am a very technologically inquisitive person. If there's really nothing to be gained, well then I guess it doesn't matter. But..............does any one really know how???

·
Registered
22,646 Posts
Well... love your set as it is. If you need to access a service menu to "perfect" your picture, then you may want to hire a professional to calibrate your set. If you hose it, then it may cost a lot more.

There are countless threads about technially inquisitive individuals that screwed up a TV in less than 48 hours.

Just my opinon....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your concern -- however if I assume the risk I fail to see the problem with knowing the means to access the service menu. It is my TV, bought and paid for. Nobody to lose but me. I'm starting to think maybe service menu access is a closely guarded secret. Maybe by those who make a living calibrating TV's. If that's not it, then why isn't my post simply answered

doesn't somebody know?

Thanx in advance----

I really do love this TV----it replaced a high end projection system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your concern -- however if I assume the risk I fail to see the problem with knowing the means to access the service menu. It is my TV, bought and paid for. Nobody to lose but me. I'm starting to think maybe service menu access is a closely guarded secret. Maybe by those who make a living calibrating TV's. If that's not it, then why isn't my post simply answered

doesn't somebody know?

Thanx in advance----

I really do love this TV----it replaced a high end projection system.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts

There is nothing to set up in service menu. It used to be all in service menu. Now every thing is available in user's menu.

To best the unit it needs a colorimeter and knowledgeable person to go through the set. Service menu is tricky. Any wrong move no going back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, I now understand that I can really probably do everything I want to do without going there so I think I'll leave well enough alone.

Thanks all for the good advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts