AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have searched the answer to my question but haven't found anything.

I own a European PAL Philips RP-TV which goes by the modelnumber 46PP960. It has a FL1.0 chassis.

I want my local ISF technician to calibrate the TV but Philips won't tell us how to get in the service-menu. I've done some research and everyone is telling met that we have to hot-wire 2 connectors on a print but all stories are a bit vague. So basically what i am looking for is a step by step guide to get in the service-menu. I hope someone can help me.

Thanx!

Jan

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
When I bought my Philips 64PH9905 HDTV about two years ago I called Philips' national part center and requested a CD-ROM service manual ($35). Believe the printed one was $50. It has the detailed procedure for using service codes. Philips may have a different policy there, but suggest you call their customer service number (see your use manual) and ask to be put in touch with the department for ordering parts or handling service. My service sequence no doubt differs from yours. -- John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I wrote: Philips can't or won't cooperate. They will not reveal this information to me and that's why I have to rely on this forum. But what is, in your case, the way to get in the service-menu? -- Jan

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Sorry, Jan. I thought they wouldn't tell you specificially how to get into the service menu. Doubt if Philips here would do that either. But as a Philips owner I felt I was entitled to buy parts as well as the entire service manual, which has a section on entering and modifying the service menu. It's too detailed to summarize briefly, wouldn't apply to your set, and is copyrighted. I managed to get transfered over the phone to the parts department, told them I'd just purchased my set, and wanted to order a service manual. No problem. Surely there are Philips-authorized technicians in Philips' home country. -- John

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Jan,

If Philips wont tell you, then the best is to ask the dealer you bought the set from... If it's a major retailer, go pay a visit to the technical service, maybe you can find somebody to show you...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.