Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

i did a search and review threads that talk about this model.

i have a friend with a bar and about 15-20 of these units, mounted HIGH from the ceiling.

they have approx 12,000 hours on them after 2 years, 16hr/day.

they don't look as good as they did when the place opened

was wondering what would have to be done to improve the PQ. Preferably, while they are mounted and in place. So color balancing with a scope is kinda outta the question.

Besides physically wiping off the tube from the outside, what else can I do with these things 20ft up in the air. Will video essentials or AVIA help bring any more out of these?

From what I gathered, they aren't measured in ANSI lumens. Someone said (maybe KBK) that if they were now at 300 lumens (from a max of 650-750, I've seen multiple referenced Lunem output figures), then that would only be about 125 of our ANSI Lumens that we are used to. Thats pretty faint for a big bar with outside light coming in during the day.

Is this just what happens to bar units... they just fade away?

TIA, Jaymer...

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Pull the sets down and replace the tubes. There's enough guys in Fl that can do this if you don't want to get into this. Heck, to retube 15-20, I'd love to come down. I hear it's nice this time of year.

It'll run about $1000.00 per projector to put in 3 rebuilt VDC tubes. That's still a lot cheaper than buying new projectors...

Curt

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
BTW, these are 600 peak white lumen projectors. Very good for bar use.

Also, you might change out the focus block if it's the original one piece unit. The newer ones are two piece. That would add about $200.00 to the price of retubing.

Curt

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its always better here than Canada - isn't it?

i'll forward this info on to my contact there.

will get you an exact count.

assume 15 - how long (days) would this take?

we'd almost need some sort of scaffold, wouldn't we?

and what would be the reason to change the focus block?

thx

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
The original one piece focus block drifted in value, causing drifting focus and drifting brightness. 100% failure within 4 years. The new style separates the heat causing components, and they never fail.

I could probably retube 4 a day, maybe more. If there are bikini clad Floridian babes in the sports bar, my speed would drop considerably..;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.