AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there will be a SE version of Session 9 with DD 5.1 soundtrack and/or anamorphic widescreen presentation?

I just received the DVD from Playcentric and I'm disappointed in the Dolby 2.0 english soundtrack. What is particularily galling is that the French soundtrack is in DD 5.1.

Is this a return and wait dvd or should I just keep it and expect no other releases?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'm pretty sure the current release is anamorphic. I don't recall having to switch settings on my projector when I've watched it. I really like this movie, but given that it essentially had no theatrical release to speak of and isn't very high profile I wouldn't count on another DVD release.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
It was anamorphic. The sound was 2 channel. I doubt it will be remixed. Good flick but i would bet you will not see a special edition for at least 5 yrs if the director has huge hits and they rerelease it.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Sorry I don't get out much except out to the food store, can anyoe tell me what the movie is about I might want to add it to my collection.TIA :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick plot summary: A small struggling asbestos removal team is hired by a real estate agent to clean out an abandoned mental hospital with a special bonus if they get the job done in two weeks.

As they begin to work on the institution, they find the pressures of the job and someone or something still inhabiting the building begin slowly lead the men to horror and suspicion.

The setting of the Danvers Mental Institution and the subtle script make this a way creepy movie.

Highly recommended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.