AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to set the RP62 so it will automatically switch to DTS if the DVD has it. I looked through the manual and menus, but couldn't find anything myself.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Just set the movie to DTS in the tittle movie menu (under setup or audio options). The player will pass the digital signal to your receiver unmolested. If a movie is only DD then you can't do DTS. Even DTS movies may default to DD unless changed in the menu of the movie. Your RP62 needs to be set to digital output instead of PCM (stereo only) for the optical out on the back to work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't think there is. I was looking about a week ago and couldn't find any settings. I tried searching on the net and couldn't find anything either. Guess we are stuck with setting it every time.

All in all, I think this is a great little player.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
If it switch to DTS by default, the majority of DVD tittle (non-DTS) will have no sound. DD is by far more abundance than DTS tittle (and even those DTS tittles has DD track also). My Sony DVD player will let me do DTS output but then I have to disable it to watch non-DTS tittle. Thus, it does not make sense to change it in the player menu by default. Just choose DTS in the movie menu and you'll be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.