AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my Panasonic Tau ct34wx50 calibrated by an ISF technician.

I am in NYC and use T-W cable for my signal. HD via my Mits HD400 on component 1 and DVD on component 2 are great. If I hook up the DVD using an S video cable to one of the video inputs on the TV, it also looks good.

The problem comes in when viewing non HD cable stations (using an S video cable) on one of the video inputs.

The picture takes on a yellow/green tinge (blue jeans look green, the sky takes on a green cast) and the picture has a dim/murky appearance.

The technician came back to take a look, confirmed what I was seeing but has never run into anything like this before.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this and if so, is there a solution to the problem?

Thank you in advance.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Sounds like you have two S-video inputs. If the DVD produces the bad images on one input and not the other, then it's that S-video input circuit on the set that's defective. If the DVD produces good images on both, but the cable converter creates the bad images, then the converter is defective. You should use the same S-video cable for all the comparisons, and as a last test try substituting a suspected cable. -- John

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST

[This message has been edited by John Mason (edited 03-30-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.