AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon /forum/post/0

I heard somewhere that if I customize/set the 'Picture Mode (Vivid, Standard, Pro)' => to PRO, then the Sony XBR1 TV will get double lamp life.. Is that true?

And put the bulb in "reduced" mode.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

Quote:

I heard somewhere that if I customize/set the 'Picture Mode (Vivid, Standard, Pro)' => to PRO, then the Sony XBR1 TV will get double lamp life.. Is that true?

Not really, the bulb is putting out the same amount of light regardless of picture mode settings. You can probably extend your bulb life some by setting Powers Savings mode to Reduced, though I doubt it will double bulb life expectancy.

Fwiw, the XBR1 has been available for about 15 months now with many owners here having had their TV that long yet I don't remember reading of anyone having had to replace their bulb yet.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I now have around 6200 hours on my lamp. Still looks great. I would expect to experience greater lamp hours than normal before failure because our set is on around 14 hours per day and therefore goes through less stress (per lamp hour) than most because it isn't being turned on/off much. Mine is not on reduced power level.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I turn on/off several times a day, would that effect the lamp life also?

There's also two other setting called 'COLOR TEMP' (Cool, Neutral, Warm)
'NOISE REDUCTION' (High, Medium, Low, Off).. What these should be set to? and will it effect in lamp life?

·
Registered
108 Posts

Quote:

If I turn on/off several times a day, would that effect the lamp life also?

There's also two other setting called 'COLOR TEMP' (Cool, Neutral, Warm)
'NOISE REDUCTION' (High, Medium, Low, Off).. What these should be set to? and will it effect in lamp life?

From what I've heard, turning the tv on and off several times stresses the bulb and does in fact decrease it's life. A professional here probably can validate that claim. I would like to know myself. I only turn it on and off once a day. If I go somewhere for an hour or two, I just leave it on.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

Quote:

There's also two other setting called 'COLOR TEMP' (Cool, Neutral, Warm) 'NOISE REDUCTION' (High, Medium, Low, Off).. What these should be set to? and will it effect in lamp life?

None of the picture settings will affect bulb life. The only menu settings that will affect bulb life are power savings mode, as previously mentioned, and possibly high altitude mode (increases fan speed for more colling).

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad /forum/post/0

None of the picture settings will affect bulb life. The only menu settings that will affect bulb life are power savings mode, as previously mentioned, and possibly high altitude mode (increases fan speed for more colling).

What should I set 'high altitude mode' to possibly extend the bulb life?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.