AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the hacking that has been going on, has anyone found a way to set recording events on a 4000 from a PC?

The end result is to be able to set recording events remotely.

--joubert

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
only by sending fake remote control button presses, which is hard to get right without being able to see what you're doing.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by joubert
With all the hacking that has been going on, has anyone found a way to set recording events on a 4000 from a PC?

The end result is to be able to set recording events remotely.

--joubert
Presumably you mean something other than http://www.myreplaytv.com - right?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Speaking of which -- could someone who uses the RF output try code '211' and see what it does? It toggles "RF output mode", but I don't know what that *means*. Maybe the channel 3/channel 4 output selector?

·
Registered
419 Posts
It would be nice if Replay offered the portal piece and allowed it to run locally. Imagine loading that on your desktop PC. You could connect from anywhere, have it connect to your Replay 4000 unit and you can program away.

The upside is that it would be realtime and would be using YOUR connection instead of Replay's portal.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I thought that someone like FreezeFrame or BaysideBas had in fact done something like this using RedRat. Anyone else remember that?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
'twasn't I :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.