AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this with no luck - sorry if it's been ask before.

Please help.

I have 1 replay that goes broadband - it's great - downloads its updates in seconds.

I just setup a new 5060 at my daughters and it's using the dial up. This is a slow but works (about 20 minutes).

The problem is when it dials out, it's done it at lunch, at dinner time and so on.

Is there a way to set the time or range of time to dial out (like 2 am)

Thanks in advance.

Tony

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
In reading the thread that chain777 included, it sounds like the dial-up method should stick to the wee hours of the morning, and not 24-25 hours since the last dial-up. But that would not explain the behavior I am seeing when the device seems to dial up at all hours of the day or night? Is there a way to "reset" it? Or will it return to normal now that I have the 110 s/w and the downloads do not seem to hang anymore?

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Modem dialouts should be in the wee hours. and Replay folks have said so. I don't know if that schedule was always the case, but try it with 110 and see.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Maybe your dial-up needs a hint. Try doing a forced connect at 4:00 AM. I'm pretty sure it will get the right idea.

Bye. :cool:

PS. I say this easily since I'm up at 3:30 AM every morning. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
After forcing the upgrade to build 110 yesterday, the dial-up completed successfully this morning around 3:30 am -- So far so good.

I think that when I peviously saw the process stuck in the middle of the day or in the evening, it was probably left-over from a failed connection earlier that morning. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.