AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a 42" HDTV (a Sony rear-projection LCD model) but I am concerned about the quality of SD programming from my Directv system with a old SD receiver, connecting to the TV via S-video or composite. I've read it can be pretty bad on screens that large. I was wondering whether a newer HD receiver would help at all, especially if it used a digital connection to the TV. If it did help, is there any reason an HD receiver wouldn't work with the old round Directv dish? (I realize it wouldn't pick up HD programming off it.) Thanks

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demisod
I am considering getting a 42" HDTV (a Sony rear-projection LCD model) but I am concerned about the quality of SD programming from my Directv system with a old SD receiver, connecting to the TV via S-video or composite. I've read it can be pretty bad on screens that large. I was wondering whether a newer HD receiver would help at all, especially if it used a digital connection to the TV.
It's not likely that you'll see much of an improvement in SD programming on your HDTV regardless of the receiver or connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demisod
If it did help, is there any reason an HD receiver wouldn't work with the old round Directv dish? (I realize it wouldn't pick up HD programming off it.) Thanks
The HD receiver will receive Sat A signals just fine connected to the round dish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.