Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but it did not bring up a lot. So I give it a shot here:

I am wondering if/how it is possible to set-up a second IR receiver/sender unit in my system. I am currently using an Airboard with its unit and it works just fine. However my set-up requires me to move that unit around. Now with my brand new DIGN4 case I would like to install an IR receiver/sender unit next to the VFD but keep the Airboard one in parallel. My guess is that just hooking up an IR diode to the Asus P4T-E MB (I found some pins there) will not work.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

_______

Axel

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You can have more than one IR unit in a PC but each must have its own way of connecting - ie serial or usb. You cannot use the airboard unit to do anything else then the keyboard/mouse.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm. Do I hear you correctly that an IR keyboard only “talks†to an Airboard IR unit, no other ways such as IR-Man or so? In this case I would need to get another airboard IR unit and hook it up in parallel. Connecting this one will be interesting since I think it needs PS/2 connectors rather than USB or serial.

Currently my Airboard IR unit also “talks†to my Pronto. I need to ensure that this new IR unit is also able to talk to my Pronto. Anything special I should look for?

Thanks!

________

Axel

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The airboard keyboard will talk to any ir receiver but you will need software to make that work (ie girder). The airboard receiver will only recognize airboard ir commands.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for clarifying. Now I understand. Maybe I should look into the possibility of hooking up a second IR diode to the Airboard IR unit. It's time to get the screw driver out and have a look...

Has anybody tried that yet?

________

Axel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.