AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to setting up my home theater and I have some questions. I have a Sony VPH-G70 projector that I am using and I want to hook it up to the HDMI receiver but I don't see a HDMI plug on the back of the projector. How can I accomplish this?

Also is there a recommended screen that I should purchase?

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Check out this link for starters.
http://www.curtpalme.com/SonyG70_Downloads.shtm

You might try a search within this forum on Sony G70 setup or similar keywords to find threads that deal with your initial question. I think you'll likely need to buy a converter box, adapter cable or a switcher.

As for screens, there are as many recommendations as there are opinions. You'll need to give us some more specifics before a recommendation will likely be made. Do you want to hide your speakers behind the screen? Do you want it fixed or roll down? What is your budget? Are you handy with tools and willing to make your own frame for the screen? Give us some additional information and you'll likely get some recommendations.

By the way, I understand the G70 is a great projector. You've got a good start.

Craigo

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
An update of your profile as to where you're located would help as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Currently I am running the RGB out of the HD cable box to the back of the projector. The HD channels look ok but it needs tuning. The HD box has DVI plug. However, I just bought a house and I am turning 1/4 of the basement into a theater, thus the reason for the set up questions. I also recently purchased a Onkyo 604 that has a HDMI switcher in it, but I don't see a HDMI plug on the back of the projector. What should I use to get the signal from the receiver to the projector. I am going to hang the projector from the ceiling.

As far as the screen goes, I want to have a fixed screen and I would love to hid the center channel behind the screen but leave the front channels out . But that is just a thought. It's going to be in a basement where I can control all the lighting.

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiedave /forum/post/0

As far as the screen goes, I want to have a fixed screen and I would love to hid the center channel behind the screen but leave the front channels out . But that is just a thought. It's going to be in a basement where I can control all the lighting.

Check out the midwest Blendzilla demo thread for details of a SMX micro perf screen material that should suit your needs.

·
Registered
291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieDAN /forum/post/0

Check out the midwest Blendzilla demo thread for details of a SMX micro perf screen material that should suit your needs.
http://www.smxscreen.com/

Craigo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.