AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in a smaller den - maybe 13 X 14 -

want to sent something up that will be something more robust than the TV speakers - I do not want to get into a receiver/amp, etc -

I have been considering the Soundmatters Fullstage solution - but I am wondering is there anything like this out there as a package solution

Wants:

Center Channel that is no more than 20 inches wide

2 front satellite type speakers

Sub that can be somewhat easily hidden

Dont want in the package

a DVD player

a need for an amp/AV receiver in the mix

is there anything out there like that? basically looking for something just like the Soundmatters Fullstage that has a center and satellites to get some separation in the front speakers

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I'm not familiar with soundmatters, but if you want something better than tv speakers I would say your best bet is a receiver. Perhaps look at some HTIBs or something similar to get you started...would have everything you need if you don't feel comfortable buying separates.

Sorry I'm not more help, I don't have any experience with speakers that don't require a receiver other than the speakers that come on your tv.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You can't get a center channel without something that processes multiple channels. Does your TV have a 5.1 analog out? No? You'll have to get a processor. Otherwise you're best bet is a pair of powered monitors. There are bazillions to choose from.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I was just at a CC and they had a Boston Accoustics speaker bar with a wireless subwoofer(bass module) for $199.

Maybe be cheaper now, I hear they're going out of business.

Other than that, and I hate to say it or recomend it, but you're probably a candidate for one of those Bose CineMate systems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts