AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so - i hooked my brand new avr-987 (which is identical to avr-2807), and before i give my feedback - here is my setup:

1. 42" panasonic plasma

2. 5 celestion avp-305 speakers with the s20 subwoofer

3. Norcent up-converting dvd-player

4. comcast HD-DVR

5. D-Link Media Player DSM-520

and now:

6. Denon AVR-987

here is how it is connected:

Component from dvd player, d-link and cable box into the avr-987 and a single hdmi into the panasonic plasma; all audio connections are optical

performance!

in one word - awesome!

in more than one word - i love it...the sound is very clean...the treble is nice & high, but is complemented beautifully with a deep bass...i have been listening to a lot of music, and the surround modes are very nice...especially with Audissey turned on...the music sounds very rich....

watched a bit of 'pirates of the carribbian' and that sounded very good too...

will continue updating this thread with my comments as & when i notice something...

now for a question or two:

somebody somewhere mentioned that the manual eq setting is similar to a 9-band equilizer and that i can go in and manually set it to my liking. is this true? and if so - can someone pls tell me how to do it. i will also look through the manual but dont trust it too much....

finally - i bought it from jr dot com for 799. it shipped promptly and arrived in perfect condition....

thanks for all the help along the way!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
J and R is seriously gonna owe 10dulkar a gift card or something for bringing all of this buisness to them, he's the one who tipped off a slew of posters asking/PM'ing us how we got it for $799.

Just call the store, they should quote you that price...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am just happy that i got a great receiver at a great price...

btw - i fiddled with the manual room equalization last night and i must say i love the sound of this baby even more...

...overall i am very happy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
From Denon's web site it looks like the only obvious difference is the remote. Anything I am missing here? I was going to pick up a 2807 tomorrow but if I can get the same thing for a couple hundered less, what the heck. That will cover a nice dinner and flowers for my wife to keep her happy!

Is JR a authorized Denon retailer?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 /forum/post/0

From Denon's web site it looks like the only obvious difference is the remote. Anything I am missing here? I was going to pick up a 2807 tomorrow but if I can get the same thing for a couple hundered less, what the heck. That will cover a nice dinner and flowers for my wife to keep her happy!

You are not missing anything. They are same receivers (except different remotes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 /forum/post/0

Is JR a authorized Denon retailer?

Yes. They are authorized dealers.
http://usa.denon.com/OnlineETailers.asp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.