Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I had a question regarding my setup

TV: PN51F8500
Speakers: Monoprice 10565 5.1
Blu-ray player: BD-HM59C

Room size: small 12x12 room
AVR: ????? :confused:

Trying to decide on a AVR, clutchfield recommended the Denon x2100W (which is showing as discontinued now??) - $400, and I'm looking for other suggestions in that price range (up to $400). Thoughts on this, compared to say the STR-DN850 or RX-V377 or even RX-V675.

The reason I am hesitant on the x2100W is due to the complaints about wifi/bluetooth and sound cutting off (amazon and other online reviews). Yamaha receivers seem to have tremendous reviews.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hi everyone,

I had a question regarding my setup

TV: PN51F8500
Speakers: Monoprice 10565 5.1
Blu-ray player: BD-HM59C

Room size: small 12x12 room
AVR: ????? :confused:

Trying to decide on a AVR, clutchfield recommended the Denon x2100W (which is showing as discontinued now??) - $400, and I'm looking for other suggestions in that price range (up to $400). Thoughts on this, compared to say the STR-DN850 or RX-V377 or even RX-V675.

The reason I am hesitant on the x2100W is due to the complaints about wifi/bluetooth and sound cutting off (amazon and other online reviews). Yamaha receivers seem to have tremendous reviews.

Thank you!

I am not familiar with the Dennon, but remember that people are more likely to post a complaint than a compliment when it comes to reviews, keep that in mind when looking on-line.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
For sure, I'm just using it as a point of reference compared to other receivers
Absolutely as you should. I just see people scared away from good products sometimes by a few reviews and like to point out the above mentioned.

Some people are morons and take it out on a product, but in fact bought the wrong product for their application, then leave a 0/5 and skew numbers.

With the speaker set up you have, any receiver with the features you want will drive that HTIB just fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely as you should. I just see people scared away from good products sometimes by a few reviews and like to point out the above mentioned.

Some people are morons and take it out on a product, but in fact bought the wrong product for their application, then leave a 0/5 and skew numbers.

With the speaker set up you have, any receiver with the features you want will drive that HTIB just fine.
What sort clearance is usually required above a receiver? I'm limited on room and was wondering if I could stack my Dish receiver on top of the AVR.

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Sat receivers run quite hot, I wouldn't put it anywhere near an AVR.

If you're not opposed to buying refurb, there are some great deals at AccessoriesForLess. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.