AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ironically the SV PB12/plus-2 is the same height as my front speaker stands. Would there be any problems with setting one of my LCR's on top of the sub? It would give me more placement options. FWIW, the LCR is shielded, there would be 4 rubber "buttons" on the bottom of the LCR, and the sub would sit on thickly padded carpet on over the slab. Whaddya think?

Thanks,

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about that..., but I wonder if they just sit one atop the other - without any special decoupling or what not. As I can't afford the WW/P's I have no firsthand experience w/ them. I would also assume that the PB12/2-plus hits a fair bit harder than the Watt - but that's just hopeful thinking ;-)

Anyone tried it w/ success?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I would say that you will be fine as long as the bookshelf speaker doesnt reflect off of the top of the subwoofer. If you mount the bookshelf speaker flush with the subwoofer on the front facing edge, you shouldnt have any troubles.

You should get two SVS so that your right and left speakers carry the same symmetry. Just kidding! :p

·
Registered
701 Posts
I had that situation "back in the day" when I was running a room full of Energy speaks and sub and had no problems doing it. I did use some industrial strength rubber matt stuff under that one speaker though. Sounded great and got plenty loud with no problems what so ever. Now I am trying to figure out how to do the same thing with some SVS tubes!

Good Luck :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool! Thanks Jon, Maybe a could re-sell packaged PB's and VSA LCR's as the David/dawg speaker system.. Just kidding really, but I bet it'll sound awful good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.