AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing with the convergence and settings in general on my Sony 1252, and had a question about the color and hue settings.

Setup is PS3>HDMI>Yamaha 765>HDMItoDVI>HDFury>VGAto5 BNC>1252

So the question is: How? I busted out my old Avia HT disc, and set black and white levels, but had long forgotten that it wont let me change the color or hue settings. I was assuming that you would adjust settings in your source if it has it, but since i've retired the Pioneer 51FD i don't believe the PS3 has such options..

If there is a thread or site that covers this, please shoot me the link, i have no problem reading up on it on my own, just couldn't seem to find it.

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
You don't. The RGB signal by nature completely bypasses the color and tint circuits, all you have to adjust are the bias and gain settings, which you set for the best b/w picture, usually with stepped gray scale bars. The color and tint are preset either within the BR disc or HD broadcast, and usually they don't need adjusting. If you really want to adjust them, then you need to get a late model scaler which will have color and tint settings in them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks! Colors looked fine, just wanted to make sure it was tip-top. I've done a little reading on the bias and gain settings, but haven't messed with them yet, thats the next step.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.