AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up my 75u and am trying to decode the panasonic manual and terminology.

First, regarding Gamma, it would appear that the 'Natural', 'Standard', 'Dynamic' selection modifies gamma to account for room lighting.

Has anyone mapped this to figure out which is closest to 2.2, std. for video?

(This may explain some of the black and white crushing I observed while trying to calibrate white and black level while set to 'Dynamic' - haven't tried other settings yet.)

Also, which setting for color temp is closest to 6500K ('low','normal' or 'high').

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I couldn't stand the picture on the Dynamic setting. It seemed to bright in low ambient lighting. I used mine on the Natural setting, as recommended for low light, and it appeared the most neutral to me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have only had my 75U for a few days now, so I am still experimenting with all the settings.

I currently have it on Dynamic because it seems to have much better black level and contrast. I have the color temp set to standard. With these settings it looks great overall, but I can't seem to get the color right. Either skin tones are a touch green, or they have purple lips and ears. I am using the RP91 and it has controls for gamma, color, sharpness, contrast, and brightness. This affords me alot of play to get it right, I just have to spend the time to get it just right. The gamma setting on the RP91 really helps brighten everything up while keeping good contrast.

When I try natural or standard instead of Dynamic, the blacks seem to wash out more than I would like. I have a completely light controlled room.

What are everyone else's overall settings on the 75U?

Rob

·
Registered
697 Posts
Rob Ables

hi

i think you pic of purple lips is from tnt .

try to set dvd player to standard mode if it has.

then tweak pj. don't play tnt too much.

have you try htpc dvd player. then may be you see different

good luck safaa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.