AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, what is the refresh rate that I should be using with samsung 52b750? The tv refresh rate is 240hz if I correct. Should I set to 240Hz then? What about playing blue ray with the 24fps. If I want to send the signal as 24fps and let the tv do the frame interpolation, what refresh rate should I set?

thansk

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotelmania /forum/post/16908385

Hi all, what is the refresh rate that I should be using with samsung 52b750? The tv refresh rate is 240hz if I correct. Should I set to 240Hz then? What about playing blue ray with the 24fps. If I want to send the signal as 24fps and let the tv do the frame interpolation, what refresh rate should I set?

thansk

If you have a 240Hz TV, it should be capable of 24Hz. I don't believe you have to change anything, just set your source (HTPC refresh rate) to 24Hz and your TV should adjust accordingly. If not, set that TV input for 24Hz. You want your TV to reproduce the exact frame-for-frame from the source.

Maybe someone else could chime in.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that blue ray film and HDTV broadcast from cable are recorded at 24fps and 60fps respectively. With PS3, it will automatically send either 24fps or 60 depend on the source material. Can HTPC do this? If so how can I set it up so that it will do so?

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotelmania /forum/post/16933952

With PS3, it will automatically send either 24fps or 60 depend on the source material. Can HTPC do this? If so how can I set it up so that it will do so?

Yes. Use ReClock with a VB script. Read my posts in this thread for details.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Reclock won't work for me on Vista Media Centre, but I've read mixed reports. I keep getting a "no video codec installed cannot play this file" every time I put reclock in the chain.

Assume it's the same on Win7 too but will give it a go once I get Win7 up and running as I'm keen to have auto refresh rate switching working too.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
VMC/7MC internal player does not work well with ReClock auto refresh rate change (you can launch an external player that works with ReClock, of course). Check this post .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts