AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can these be set with THX Optimizer, or do you need a disc such as Avia, DVE? Any tips on how to set these for a beginner? I've set contrast, brightness before with THX, but I've never had to adjust these. The presets on my new HD1000 projector are too green, and I was wondering if I could improve the image.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Without proper instrumentation, you have to eyeball it. Proper equipment = color analyzers and stuff like that.

Regards

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Without instrumentation ... you are eyeballing it ... so eyeball it until it looks right to you. If you are to play with the RGB controls ... look at black and white patterns.

You'll note that changing the "tint" has no effect on black and white. Verify where your problem lies first ... B/W or Color material ... then you know which way to go.

Regards

·
Registered
779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael TLV /forum/post/0

Greetings

Without instrumentation ... you are eyeballing it ... so eyeball it until it looks right to you. If you are to play with the RGB controls ... look at black and white patterns.

You'll note that changing the "tint" has no effect on black and white. Verify where your problem lies first ... B/W or Color material ... then you know which way to go.

Regards

Michael,

Tell me if this is the right way to do this without instruments.

I have a Panasonic 50" plasma panel and a satellite STB connected thru my VP50 processor.

To adjust the black level from my STB i lookup a channel that broadcasts a movie with black bars and adjust the black level until i see no shimmer in black.

Now i bring up the half transparent built-in Color8bars 100% test pattern from the VP50.

My STB has the possibility to bring up the same pattern by entering service mode, so i adjust the white level until the whites are at the same level from both sources.

And finally i adjust the color saturation level to match both sources.

I ended up with -2 for brightness and +9 for contrast.

Would you say this is ok to adjust black and white level?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.