AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have had these logitech z 5300 speakers for a while now. I have them hooked to my laptop (2.1/Green wire only) but use the matrix (virtual surround sound) and xbox 360 and have been using them for many years. Yesterday i bought this and hooked it up to my laptop and everything works just fine with the matrix off all speakers work. But i can't figure out if the sound is the correct surround sound. So what i want to know if one was to play a full 6 channel audio movie what sounds should be herd off which speakers.

I through center was where the main vocals should come from (people talking)

and the back speakers is only suppose to have small noises (someone creeping closer etc)

When i use the sound box i first tried to hook it via optical from xbox 360 to the s/pdif in on the sound box so that sound will come from my z5300 but that did nothing, any one why?

then i used the line IN on the sound box to get xbox sound of the speakers which works fine but when the matrix is off and i play a movie i can here clear voices from the back speakers but it just quite and when i turn on the matrix all i here is sound like music and base and a hint of vocals.

So what i need to know is what should i here from the back speakers and the center when they are set correctly in a 5.1 environment??

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
You can download the DD 5.1 test DVD in the DIY section. It will play all kinds of stuff (sine waves, sweeps) from each individual channel, including the sub. Then you will know if the sounds are coming out of the correct channel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts