AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be setting up a 1031Q stack soon and was wondering what additional equipment I need to get. I usually hook my HTPC up to my 1031Q via a computer interface box (Extron RGB-109). Do I just splice the RGBS and take it to both projectors or do I need some 1 to 2 RGBS box? What about getting another computer interface box and hooking them up in series? That's probably no necessary and I do notice that in hooking up a monitor into my HTPC with the RGB-109 also hooked in the image on the monitor is a bit, uh, off. It isn't as clear and slightly noisy - not really noticable yet still I want a clean RGBS signal going to both projectors. I bet there is some Extron product that will do what I need to do, it's just that I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a simple task. Thanks.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
I would start simply by just "Y"ing off each feed.(RGBHV) I dont think your gonna loose much if anything by doing that. If you want you could get like a small AV distribution amp (PERMACOLOR) whis is the exact same unit Radio Shack sells.

It has 1main AV in and sends it out 3X. You would just use the video section of the amp and also you would need one for each color and the composit sync at least. I dont know if it would be necessary to amp the syncs though?

LIke I said, I would simply Y out each feed to start with. I beleive when you do a stack system you should feed each projector from the same exact source. This is so each projector "sees" the same signal and reproduces the same image, weather its a good calibrated image or one that has noise in it. You obviously dont want one projector doing a better job then the other or vicea versa one adding noise to a good image from the other projector.

Let us know how it goes, I always think of getting another 1031Q and playing with the idea of hooking into my system to see what happens.

I would like to see a pic of the two stacked too :)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, about 2 minutes after the start of this thread I jumped into the fire and got an Extron 1 to 4 "distribution amp" for, uh, $9.99. I fear what the MSRP was on the bad-boy. I just hope it works as I got my RGB-109 without non-DOA and got lucky. Anyway, yeah, I'll get 'er setup soon and post some pics. The next problem is finding a room and a screen big enough for 150". I think the garage is the ticket!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.