AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a college student and am looking into setting up a "home" theater in my apartment. I already have a decent music set up, and I would like to get a Digital Projector. I can darken the room its in almost completely, so thats not a huge issue. The entire set up would need to be easily romovable in about 9 months, so I'm not looking to do any wiring. My entire video budget should be under 2k, and preferably 1500.

I was just wondering if people think this is a feasible idea?

I'm completely knew to this area, any help would be appreciated.

Kyle

·
Registered
15,077 Posts
Kyle,

The quick answer is "maybe". Many new entry level table-top projectors start at about $2K or so. If you're willing to get a used or refurbished (B stock) projector instead of a new one, the price can be significantly lower. Replacement bulbs can be a significant expense, however. You might check with your local professional (non-home theater) A/V suppliers. Often commercial customers will order a projector and decide it's inappropriate, leaving the reseller stuck with it.

Don't forget the screen. If you know you're going to move soon, using a white wall may be appropriate. Portable screens usually cost a couple of hundred.

I hope this helps a little.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.