AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a JVC 200 watt FM/AM Reciever with surround sound and two Fisher towers with a 12 woofer in them and a mid and tweeter. I want to set up a small surround sound theater nothing real powerful since I live in a apt. How do I need to go about doing this nothing real expensive. Where should I place these towers at one in each corner at the back of room or both of these should be by the tv in front. Then what I need to get like two shelf speakers to go somewhere either up front,back of room or side. Any opinions or help would be great........I have a 42" Plasma Im using with this.....

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Here is an answer. You posted the same question in several fora. Some got replies some didn't. If you want something more it seems to me that you should ask a more specific question and tell us something about your situation. What model receiver do you have and what surround decoding and processing capabilities does it have? How large is your room and and what are your volume needs? How much money are you willing to spend? All of these of course will mean more after you do some research as suggested in another thread.

People here can be very helpful, but you need to meet them part way and consider choosing a more specific area and forum. Speakers in the speaker forum, receivers in the receiver forum, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This week(end) go out get a second job (nights or weekends, not to mention the summer is approaching !!!) and get new equipment. Why sell yourself short... Get some new gear... It doesnt sound like your receiver is Dolby Digital capable which means you'll be listening in stereo (I love stereo, but I don't think that's what your after). Some killer stuff is around the corner from Pioneer Elite... Surround Sound receivers that will have all of the lastest HD surround formats... In regards to your speaker situation... Sell the Fishers!!! (How old are they?)... try to get speakers from the same company/series...It will sound sooooo much better... don't forget a good sub... honestly...if you plan you can do this for a lot less that you think!!!! Word of advice...don't get caught up in specs... Go to a shop/store...tell a sales guys what you want to accomplish and your budget (~$2500 is reasonable). Go with the guy that will go out of his way to make sure you get a good system...( I'd say look at Definitive Technology Mythos)... In regards to your neighbors... invite them over for a movie when your done and turn them on to the advantages... enthusiasts tolerate other enthusiasts!!!
good luck!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts