AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions about not seeing the crosshairs when looking into the lenses during calibration of the unit (of course the contrast has bee lowered)

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm not sure of what you mean about "NOT" seen the crosshair, but suggest that you reset everything before you do the first setup from scratch.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Rolf, First, I congratulate you on what appears to be a first rate home theater installation. The second step in calibrating the projector is to look into the lenses after turning down the contrast and matching the crosshairs. I do not see the crosshair, except for a black hole surrounded by a grid pattern. I did reset before i began the calibration. steven

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I'm not sure what your trying to do, if the Contrast is lowered to 0, you will see nothing...however if you increase brightness to max, you should see your rasters light, and the crosshair should then be visable.

Are you working on centering your rasters?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
If after lowering the Contrast and max'ing out the Brightness you still aren't seeing the rasters light, increase the G2 until they do light...it should only take a couple clicks.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Steven,

Are trying to center the raster on each of the crt faces? Are you using the built in help to do this? From your description that is what it sounds like you are doing. I don't know of any adjustment that would require you to look into the crts and "match the cross hair". Usually one turns down the contrast and looks into the lenses to CENTER the raster on each crt face. After this one loosens up the bolts and rotates the red and blue lens/crt assemblies to match them to the green crt on the screen (toe-in).

William

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.