AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Yamaha rx-a3060 providing power to the following:

a 5.1 system in living (all 8" in ceiling speakers) (zone 1)
4- 8" in ceiling speakers on patio connected with an impedance matching volume control (zone 2)

Here is my quandary... For Zone 3, my client is wanting to combine bathroom and bedroom together.
He has: 2- 6 1/2 speakers in bathroom on an impedance matching volume control
2- 6 1/2 speakers in bedroom on an impedance matching volume control AND...
1- 6" in wall speaker mounted under his tv also in the bedroom on its own impedance matching volume control.

Can I connect all of the zone 3 equipment to zone 3 on the AVR without issue(s) and if not, what are solutions? To summarize, yes there would be 3 separate volume controls with 5 speakers on zone 3.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
It sounds like you're already a HT pro/installer. I'm no where near as knowledgeable as most of the guys on here, BUT it sounds to me you might look into running zone 3 as pre outs to another amplifier. Then put that output into an impedance matching speaker selector switch, then you can connect 3 sets of speakers (with their own volume controls)

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow it sounds like you might be pulling off what I attempted to do with my 3050 until I ended up just getting a bigger matrix amp.

I'm trying to follow your setup, but thought it could only either do stereo to two additional zones and HMDI out to another zone.
I have mine setup for 5.1.2 and an HDMI out using a sound bar in the bedroom and works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts