AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The quick run-down:

I have an Xbox 360, PS3 and Motorola DCH6416 Cable Box. All of which are connected to my Denon AVR 1910 via HDMI, which is then connected to my TV via a single HDMI cable.

That's my system.

My problem is that when my Cable Box is connected with HDMI, I get intermittent video drop-outs of 1-2 seconds (the video goes blank on screen, then coems back on instantly within 1-2 seconds....sound stays on).

I have identified this as an HDMI handshake issue (like usual).

So last night I changed my setup and hooked the Cable Box up to my Denon via Component Video and Optical Audio.

The drop out problem went away.

But as I am watching TV today, I noticed a new problem: video interference.

When watching HD channels (Starz, TNT, TBS, ESPN, etc) there are 2 VERY VERY faint green lines that are running vertical, from the bottom of the TV to the top. And they just keep looping, from bottom to top.

So I switched back to HDMI.....green lines gone, HDMI handshake problem comes back.

Since the green line video interference only happens with Component Cables and not HDMI, I doubt this is a ground loop problem, right?

What are my options if I want to continue to use Component Video (to avoid the handshake issue of HDMI) but I don't want to deal with the video interference?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

The scrolling lines ARE in fact happening on SD content as well.

When watching HD content on my cable box, the lines are faint green.

When watching SD content on my cable box, the lines are faint red.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.