AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved into a new house and I am trying to map out my dedicated theater room. The room is 18x13 with some cutouts, I have a 100inch 16:9 screen that I will be mounting. I am planning on running 2 rows of seating, one at 10ft and one at around 15ft. My dilemma right now is the side surround speaker locations. On one side of the room there is a double window that is enclosed in velvet curtains and the other side has a protruding wall where the door enters the room. I am planning on mounting the speakers (Klipsch RS-42s) above the window and mirrored on the opposite wall at around 8ft of height using the VideoSecu clamping speaker mounts that swivel and tilt ( Mounts . )

I currently see two options to mount the speakers,the first is to mount on the wall back about half way between the two rows of seats, the only thing I dont like about this is that the right side of the speaker would be pointing towards the protruding wall and be reflecting.

The second is to mount above the door onto the side of the cutout and swivel the mount to face out to the side of the couch about 1ft behind the first row. I currently have the speakers sitting on some old shelves that are about 6ft tall, but I would like an option that is cleaner and not so obvious. I am open to alternate suggestions as well!!! Ignore the mess in the room, lots of work to be done painting, mounting, etc haha.

View of the cutout protruding.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The back wall is sloped down from teh ceiling, you can see the start of it in the 1st picture to the left. then there are two window cut outs that are about 3ft deep. I am planning on running back surrounds there eventually but that is a fight for another day haha.

EDIT: PIC ADDED (ignore projector, temp location)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer  /t/1520058/setting-up-new-home-theater-placement-option-help#post_24417956

I'd go with option 2 - looks like your best choice.

Yeah I am thinking so too, I am going to check to see how far that mount sticks the speaker out to see if the sound would clear the wall, but I doubt it, was hoping to split the side surrounds between the two rows. Hopefully the rear surrounds can make up for it a bit and still give some sound behind the second row.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts