AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just purchased an HTS-GS1 and will be receiving it shortly. It is for my bedroom which is about 12x12, very small. I am not expecting anything too great soundwise but I know it will be a huge improvement over the stock tv speakers. Right now I have a ps3 and dish network HD receiver both hooked up to my TV via HDMI cables. When I get the Pioneer system, do I use tos-link cables and run them from the Pioneer to both the PS3 and the dish HD cable box? I saw that my dish HD box has an optical audio out on the back? Also, I am planning on placing the speakers in the corners of my room. Do I just place them on the floor, or do I need to buy stands for the speakers?
Sorry about the newbie questions, I am new to all of this for the most part. Thank you very much for your assistance! btw I just watched 3:10 to yuma and spiderwick chronicles on the ps3, both were excellent picture quality. : )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?
I was reading up and found someone connecting this way as well: HDMI from TV to PS3, HDMI from TV to HD dish receiver, and then optical cable from TV to 5.1 receiver. Should I go that route, or the one I mentioned previously? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by threatcon07 /forum/post/14258273

Anyone?
I was reading up and found someone connecting this way as well: HDMI from TV to PS3, HDMI from TV to HD dish receiver, and then optical cable from TV to 5.1 receiver. Should I go that route, or the one I mentioned previously? Thank you in advance

Use the route you previously mentioned. Most TV's will not output 5.1 sound from their optical out unless the source is the TV tuner so most likely you would not get 5.1 from the dish receiver or PS3 using an optical cable from TV to 5.1 receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts