AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to setup my PS3 to my wireless network. But its not working. What info do I need to put in? I am so confused.

The PS3 was able to find my network.

But I am stuck on the screen with these settings. When I do a test It says it can't obtain iP address failed.

iP Address

Subnet Mask

Default Router

Primary DNS

Scondary DNS

I all ready have 2 computers on my network and they both are connected.

I have a Buffalo WBR2-G54S router

I just got my PS3 around 6PM last night and its now the next day and sorry to say I have not been able to do anything yet with it as far as online goes.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Try these... I've been having problems the last few days with mine. It worked great for 4 months the I'm getting disconnected every 20 minutes.

Not much to this one.
PS3 IP address

This link helped out the most. Seems to have corrected the problem. I used an open DNS on the router only and still got kicked. This morning I applied the settings from this thread and played 2 RFOM death matches with no problems. the OP has given very detailed instructions on PS3 settings.

80710102 / 80028EA5 NETWORK ERROR EASY INSTRUCTIONS

Take a look at this link for Open DNS

I have yet to try party type of team games in RFOM which gave me the most problems. We'll see.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank /forum/post/0

Make sure you don't have MAC address filtering on (or add your PS3's mac address if you do).

this was the problem i had when i couldnt connect to my wireless network.

you also want to first check when you add the wireless connection via ps3's xmb, if it even picks up a signal from your wireless network. if not then all else is moot until u can get a signal strong enough to reach the ps3 from your router.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I haven't been able to connect to the Motorstorm servers since Friday.

I can get online ( did a bandwith test and it was better that T1) and I can get to the Playstation store but no Motorstorm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.