AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, if this has been asked many times, but I can't find anything from searching. My case is for an A-Open AW-850D card that I just got, but I think the same issue would apply to the Audigy 2. I am trying to get sound out of the optical connecter on the daughtercard and I'm not having any luck. I have the card setting on "no speakers" and then S/PDIF from my DVD players, which is what always worked with my USB Sonica card. I've tried the other speaker settings, but still no sound through optical.

I can get sound out of the headphone jack by selecting that setting, but haven't been able to get a thing out of the optical, including windows sounds. I assume that if the HTPC itself were working for sound I would be able to see red light coming out of the optical connector when my cable is disconnected, so I think I can eliminate the problem being in my external receiver (especially since it works for optical from my DVD player and 6 channel connections from the HTPC).

I have downloaded the user manual from the 850D from aopen.com, but it doesn't talk about the daughtercard and there weren't any instructions for connecting things in the box I got. I think there is only one way to connect the cables from the main 850D board to the daughterboard, so I don't think I could have messed that up. I also downloaded the latest driver that was dated sometime in October.

It would be nice to use the HTPC when I have some people come over in about 6 hours, but I'll skip it and use my JVC 30k VCR if all I can use is the 6 channel output for sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darin

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.