AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought home a Panny RP62....it replaced my 3 year old Kenwood DVD model number who knows....

Picture looks great, I'd say clearly better than what the Kenwood was producing.

There is a "progressive out" button on the face of the RP62 and after reading through the docs I'm a little unsure of whether or not to depress it. I can't tell much of a difference in the picture between the two settings.

I'm using the RP62 with a Toshiba 57HX81, connected via component cables.

Does anyone know which setting is best for optimal viewing?

I know I have a lot of tinkering and learning to do to get all the settings where they need to be...I'm just a little impatient. Oh, and I'm a carpenter so I'm not too well versed in making the connections properly the first time....my best efforts seem to come as a result of trial and error.

Thanks a bunch...

Tom

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I have 3 progressive scan players, instead of having your HDTV do the deinterlacing,

progressive scans outputs a 480p very clear pic. I have a Sony CX-875 300 + 1, Toshiba SD-4800, JVC XVS500BK Regions 1-6

and interlaced Sony CX-860 300 +1. Each player has a different function for me.:)

P.S. push the botton you'll see a mometary gap then every thing is much clearer, leave in Progressive Scan until its time for DVI mod. I was a professional Tractor Trailer Driver, nice to meet you carpenter.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.