AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a boston acoustics TVee sound bar. Im trying to hook it up to a 42" panasonic and the tv only has digital audio out. The sound bar only has the red and white connections. Is there anything i can do?

·
Registered
3,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey206 /forum/post/16956256

I have a boston acoustics TVee sound bar. Im trying to hook it up to a 42" panasonic and the tv only has digital audio out. The sound bar only has the red and white connections. Is there anything i can do?

I can't believe that the TV does not have a standard left and right audio out!

What is the model number? If you have the Boston model two, the manual shows simply to use the standard left and right "out" (RCA/ red and white) either from a cable box or from the TV itself, and plug that into the left and right "in" on the sound bar. That's it.

·
Registered
664 Posts
 http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...702#tabsection

Wow.. sure enough no analog audio out. That's pretty wild. Never seen that before, or at least on a TV that size.

You need a Dolby Digital decoder. You can check parts express, but I don't know that you're going to find one small enough to mount behind the TV or in-expensive enough to make it worth mating with the TVee.

·
Registered
875 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzoz01 /forum/post/16960767

Wow.. sure enough no analog audio out. That's pretty wild. Never seen that before, or at least on a TV that size...

FWIW, my father's new 50" Panasonic does not have analog output of any kind - line out of headphone.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Time for a new "TV for TVEE".

·
Registered
3,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey206 /forum/post/17028538

Would anyone want to buy it?

The TV or the TVEE?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts