AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I bought a Samsung HL-S5687W, along with a Denon 2307 Receiver and Klipsch F-1 surround sound system w/ 10" Klipsch Sub.

I have a couple of questions that I am stuck on with set-up...

First, here are the following components I am also trying to connect:

1. Comcast Motorola DCT5100 HD DVR Cable Box

2. Xbox 360

And I am having a problem connecting these to the Denon receiver and getting the signal to show up on the TV.. by the way, I am connecting the Receiver to the TV with a HDMI cable. It's my understanding that with the TV and Receiver I have all I need is one cable (HDMI) going from the receiver to the TV, is that correct?

So since I am not getting a signal for the Xbox or Cable Box I'm thinking I plugged it in wrong to the receiver. Here's a picture of the back of the Denon.. can someone PLEASE tell me where I should be connecting these up to? BTW, I am using an fiber optical audio cable to connect the Comcast box to the Receiver, and I am getting the audio fine. I had to connect the cable box directly into the TV though before I could get a picture. Thanks so much in advance, this has been absolutely driving me crazy.

See the Coax connection in the top left corner? Is that where I should be connecting the Comcast box into?

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
As the 5100 does not have an HDMI or DVI out, use component from the STB to the Denon. Here's a link to the 5100 setup guide:

http://broadband.motorola.com/hdtv/02UsefulGuide.pdf

You may need to read the Denon manual to see if there are any configuration settings necessary when routing component inputs to the HDMI output.

BTW, since there's no digital video out from the 5100, I don't know that there's any advantage to using an HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV. There has to be an analog to digital conversion somewhere. So, try it both ways (HDMI and component from the receiver to the set) and see if the TV or the receiver does a better job with that conversion.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for the repliles! As soon as I read what you guys said it clicked in my head.. I hadn't even thought about doing the Components from the cable box for soem reason. I'm such a noob.. but thanks! I got the cable and the 360 hooked up through the Denon receiver!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.